Test Your Design Knowledge2 min read
Ready to put your design knowledge to the test?
- What is an EPS file?
A. A transparent vector image
B. A vector format best for quality printing
C. A compressed format for web
- What are bleed lines?
A. The extension of a page’s edge past the standard margin, typically 0.125 or .25 inches in width
B. The white margins around a page
C. The lines that mark a pages border for trimming
- Which color form is the most appropriate for printing?
C. Pantone colors
- Which of the following Adobe programs is best for designing a print document with several pages?
- Which of the following is a serif font?
A. Playfair Display
B. Open Sans
- What is the appropriate resolution an image should have in order to be printed clearly?
A. 72 dpi
B. 150 dpi
C. 300 dpi
- What is kerning?
A. The spacing between lines of text
B. The spacing between letters in a word
C. The spacing between paragraphs
- What is a “packaged file”?
A. The source files of a design created in Adobe programs
B. All files of a design, including fonts, source files, and other links
C. Source codes of a file created in Adobe programs
- What does “creating outlines” to an area of text do?
A. Lock the layer so it cannot be altered or edited
B. Turns the text into a graphic shape that can be manipulated
C. Make the text match the font and style of other text in a design
- Which type of image can be adjusted to any size without losing quality?
Answers: 1. B, 2. A, 3. B, 4. C, 5. A, 6. C, 7. B, 8. B, 9. B, 10. A
How did you do? Did you get a score of less than 10/10? If so, that’s no problem. ConceptDrop provides you access to experienced freelancers that know all the in’s and out’s of design. Don’t worry about knowing what a “package file” is or what color is most appropriate for printing, our design experts provide those answers for you along with a professional, quality product.
If interested in getting a project started, click here to learn more.